POSTED 03 May 2018 03:41
Installing Toshi Dev on Android
Toshi Dev is a version of the Toshi client that provides a testing environment for use by developers of Toshi bots & apps. It runs on Ropsten testnet and will gain support for further test environments in the future.
- Using your Android device, navigate to the latest Toshi Dev Android release on GitHub
- Tap the APK file in the Downloads section
- Follow the install prompts
Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
To install an app from outside of the Play Store, you will need to allow apps from unknown sources as follows:
- Open the device settings. Look for a gear icon in the notification shade near the top left corner and tap on it.
- Scroll down to the Security section and tap to open it.
- Scroll down to the entry labeled Unknown sources and read the subtext
- Read the pop-up box and tap Ok to enable the setting.
You can read more about this process and the implications here: https://www.androidcentral.com/unknown-sources