Ideas by Nature - Sponsor Bounty at ETHDenver 2019!
Company/Project Name and Description
Ideas by Nature
We work alongside blockchain innovators to deliver creative solutions, useful products, and thoughtful brands. We are interested in creative solutions to solve common blockchain related problems.
Bounty 1 Overview: Most User-Friendly Onboarding Process
Description: How would you onboard someone who has no prior knowledge of your technology or application? This bounty will be awarded to the team/project that communicates and guides the user through how to use their product or feature effectively.
Prize Amount: $1000
Requirements (e.g., link to open source code)
- Must be an onboarding process either for a feature or an entire product.
- Must have a visual representation of the process. (can be prototype, or a functional UI)
- Onboarding process must be geared towards a beginner-level audience.
Visibility of system status
- The system should always keep users informed about what is going on, through appropriate feedback within reasonable time
Match between system and the real world
- The system should speak the users' language, with words, phrases and concepts familiar to the user, rather than system-oriented terms. Follow real-world conventions, making information appear in a natural and logical order.
Consistency and standards
- Users should not have to wonder whether different words, situations, or actions mean the same thing. Follow platform conventions.
Recognition rather than recall
- Minimize the user's memory load by making objects, actions, and options visible. The user should not have to remember information from one part of the dialogue to another. Instructions for use of the system should be visible or easily retrievable whenever appropriate.
Aesthetic and minimalist design
- Dialogues should not contain information which is irrelevant or rarely needed. Every extra unit of information in a dialogue competes with the relevant units of information and diminishes their relative visibility.
Kate Garrigan - firstname.lastname@example.org