Hello, ETHDenver hackers! 👋 from all at Fortmatic who are thrilled to meet you in a few days! This is a significant event and milestone for Fortmatic, as ETHDenver will be their first public debut.
After many months of hard-work, the team has built an amazing product that allows end-users to directly interact with dApps, without having to download any browser extensions or 3rd party mobile apps. All of this will be available for developers by adding a couple lines of code, without having to change any existing Web3 implementation!
How does it work?
For dApp users:
- Users interact with the dApp by, for example, clicking on a “Buy” button
- Fortmatic opens a modal for users to type in their phone number
- Users type in a security code sent to their phone
- An Ethereum account is created for new users, and existing users are logged in — users can now deposit Ether or any ERC20 tokens
- After reviewing the information, users can now confirm the transaction!
For dApp developers:
- Sign up for the developer program on the website
- Shortly after, Fortmatic will email you an API key
- Follow the getting started docs to build a Hello World dApp! (More documentation is available for Web3 methods, such as SignTypedData. )
Even though Fortmatic was recently founded in 2018, everyone at the company was already captivated by the vibrant, virtuous, and innovative Ethereum ecosystem. They assembled a team with expertise in design, security, distributed system, and developer experience who set out to tackle difficult challenges around getting Ethereum mainstream to users and developers.
Fortmatic is honored to be accepted as one of the sponsors for ETHDenver this year and to contribute to fostering the incredible Ethereum developer ecosystem. What Fortmatic has built so far is a small yet sturdy step to mainstream Web 3.0 adoption, and there is so much more to do. We are humbled by the extraordinary talent and knowledge from the community and would love to work with all of you together on defining the exciting future that we’re determined to bring to the world.
Get in touch
If you haven’t already, APPLY to join us at ETHDenver. You’ll see us at the opening ceremony. And we’re having a workshop on Friday, February 15 at 2:00pm at the Sports Castle’s main stage.