How To Buy Ethereum? 2020 Edition
Ethereum is one of the top cryptocurrency based on market capitalization. Since its origin in 2014, it grew tremendously fast and became a force behind a lot of decentralizing innovation. In this article, we will see how to buy Ethereum.
Note: This article is not financial advice.
Buying crypto depends on the country you live in, so in this article, we will see how you can buy cryptocurrencies in the USA. Anyone living any other country can look for similar businesses to purchase cryptocurrencies.
Buy Ethereum from Exchange
The most efficient way to buy Ethereum is to use a crypto exchange. There are many exchanges in the USA, such as Coinbase, Binance US. Most of these exchanges require the user’s KYC. Here are the different pros and cons of buying Ethereum from a crypto exchange.
- Best Ethereum market price
- Bulk buying
- KYC requirement
- Can become Subject to Chain analysis
Instant buy Ethereum with a Credit card or Debit Card
There are websites (Brokers) which allow you to buy Ethereum instantly without any KYC. These websites are quick and small buying. Here are 7 sites using which you can buy cryptocurrency instantly with debit or credit card.
There are certain advantages and disadvantages of buying Ethereum from instant buy websites.
- Minimum user information required
- As the name suggests Instant buying without the hassle
- Ethereum price difference from market
- Inefficient for bulk buying
Buy Ethereum using Crypto Wallet
Some of the Crypto wallets also support crypto buying nowadays. You can use these wallets to acquire Ethereum over time. Here are some of the best wallets for buying Ethereum are:
Many wallets started supporting buy and sell crypto using fiat. Learn more about different types of crypto wallets.
Buy Ether using Crypto ATM
Though these ATMs require KYC nowadays, these ATMs are the only way to buy bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies using cash.
- You can use cash
- Good while traveling
- High fee and market price
- Require KYC
Buy Eth from Peer to Peer Exchange (P2P exchange)
You can avoid the KYC requirement using P2P exchange for buying Etherum. There are some famous P2P exchanges like LocalBitcoins using which you can buy Ethereum all over the world. But be aware of scammers while using a P2P exchange and be extra cautious.
As crypto getting regulated all over the world, buying crypto using fiat will become a lot easier. If you live in the United States, there are multiple options for you to purchase Ethereum or any other cryptocurrency.
If you are any other part of the world, search for similar options suggested above and let us know what is the best way to buy cryptocurrencies in your country in the comment section?
If you want to learn more about the Crypto ecosystem, sign up for the weekly newsletter.
- Kauri original title: How To Buy Ethereum? 2020 Edition
- Kauri original link: https://kauri.io/how-to-buy-ethereum-2020-edition/504c8d9393314934bbae33c5d409bd9b/a
- Kauri original author: CoinCodeCap (@coincodecap__)
- Kauri original Publication date: 2020-02-24
- Kauri original tags: ethereum
- Kauri original hash: QmTLyM2kZFAvYSnJ8TRT5RPnu4XMiFke1GYjy9uRphWsci
- Kauri original checkpoint: QmWmMwjaDGVQpiMcqkMy48XBSege9ANP6iQDtrnZpKPdm1