ProjectMap revolutionizes crowdsource mapping by introducing a royalty mechanism alongside traditional bounties and frictionless web3.
Team Members w/ Status.im
Many areas of the world are under-mapped and even in developed countries, disasters will cause meaningful topological changes to road networks, structures, and utilities. In 2018 alone, natural disasters caused $160B in damage and killed over ten thousand people.
We propose a novel and extensible framework we feel is superior to the standard bounty. We utilize a split reward pool whereby users receive instant payout on verified map edits but also continue to receive royalty payments for the life of those edits. This is a natural gamification whereby high demand edits will be rewarded.
Our royalty contract can incentivize rapid response by enabling a time decay feature. It also provides mechanisms for the reward recipients to reinvest or donate funds back into the pool or to other humanitarian projects.
Tech Stack (Protocols, languages, APIs, etc)
- User on-boarding: Portis, Blocknative
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Solidity
- Backend: Mocked in Front-end
- Kauri original title: ProjectMap
- Kauri original link: https://kauri.io/projectmap/cff659cda55242b3885242e97675fba9/a
- Kauri original author: Kas Osterbuhr (@kaso)
- Kauri original Publication date: 2019-02-17
- Kauri original tags: ethdenver-2019-submission, blocknative, mapping, crisis, portis, humanitarian
- Kauri original hash: QmQZFbeuLEH2BwNBvppCDt6NZJbk2ustZCNXNi6mQyN7DJ
- Kauri original checkpoint: Qmekp5iiDi5N5M4KdtAVGBEJEF3ahMgWYZJqL7s1qmkQ9g