Updating the Besu client binary on Linux
If you've read the previous article on how to add the Besu Binary to your PATH, then updating the client is very easy.
Download the new version of the Besu binary you want to install from a trusted website (ie. the PegaSys website).
Remove contents in
rm -rdf ~/bin/besu/* mv besu-1.4.0-beta3 ~/bin/besu
Note: Make sure to read the notes on step 4. Renaming the
besuin order to make updates even easier. If it was renamed, there is no need to modify the PATH variable.
- Extract and replace the contents inside the
home/user/bin/besufolder with the new version.
cd ~/Downloads tar xf <binary-filename>.tar.gz ~/bin/besu
Restart your terminal and that's it. You should now be able to run the new version of Besu in the terminal.
Get more information on Besu here:
- Kauri original title: Updating the Besu client binary on Linux
- Kauri original link: https://kauri.io/updating-the-besu-client-binary-on-linux/b8900d3bcd5347a5bd88999b366561bc/a
- Kauri original author: Felipe Faraggi (@felipefaraggi)
- Kauri original Publication date: 2020-02-25
- Kauri original tags: linux, besu
- Kauri original hash: QmX9BgaG2xrGKz9NoK3cLSSfCdG6qb59N3NbaEr4xhjM33
- Kauri original checkpoint: QmZUeDv5bCt7vrRCQbwPMQf812VWip98dcsMJHdYdaiQ3d