Witnet Monthly Report — August 2018
Greetings, Witnet community! As planned, every month we update you on our work towards the milestones set in our project roadmap . We share with you this monthly update a bit later than expected because we wanted to include a recap of our first milestone: the Witnet prototype, Sheikah.
Over the course of August we’ve introduced you to James, our new Community Lead. James has experience in the blockchain industry, as he has worked with BlockApps, Consensys and Metamask, and will now work closely with smart contract developers so they can make the most out of the Witnet decentralized oracle network.
The Witnet Foundation still has open positions, so if you are aware of the impact a decentralized oracle network will have on the crypto landscape and want to get involved, be sure to check them out!
Last week we announced the Sheikah prototype! Sheikah is a lightweight Electron app which will eventually serve as a full interface for the Witnet wallet, data requests, smart contracts, block explorer, and more. While the full Witnet testnet and subsequent main-net are yet-to-come on our development roadmap, we wanted to give our community a good idea of what interacting with the Witnet decentralized oracle network would feel like. You can go through the technology preview in this blog post or following this Youtube video.
That’s a quick update on what we’ve been working on over the last weeks! Please let us know what you think of the recent developments by sharing your thoughts with the team in our Telegram chat or on Reddit.
You can also:
- Kauri original title: Witnet Monthly Report — August 2018
- Kauri original link: https://kauri.io/witnet-monthly-report-august-2018/40d8cb339dc64675b767dcb405e701d7/a
- Kauri original author: Witnet (@witnet)
- Kauri original Publication date: 2018-11-20
- Kauri original tags: none
- Kauri original hash: QmQoEAbzRNuV6a4LfPf5vUunNuPzpPZkmyGmPtqvNgywhZ
- Kauri original checkpoint: QmZSRFGq9bnBLosiVwSTANrDR9YdXbWkwG71aw35jAjyLo